Friday, May 2, 2008

Coos Bay

A few days ago I spent some time on the Oregon coast, which was pretty sweet. I stayed in Coos Bay, which is definitely a shore town. There were tons of seafood options, but those who know me well will know that left me with few options. Luckily, most seafood places still know how to make good chicken. The morning was really rainy and visibility was nil, but about noon the sun started coming out and I got to spend some time at the beach. And by beach, I mean mostly cliffs. Check it...

That bird in the first picture and I hung out for quite a while actually. He's seen a lot of these parts and had some interesting stories. The one about Bill Walton and Jerry Garcia visiting the coast in '77 was classic. Anyhow, there's a lighthouse too. I wish I had a better camera so I could have zoomed in on that guy a little better, but we make do with what we have.

See the sea lions sunbathing? Gracie was barking back at them, it was awesome.

We ended up staying a while, and Gracie passed out. Easy to do up there.

She loves watching birds. And when they land, she loves making them fly again.

I spent the last couple of days hanging out with my new friends in Eugene. It's a pretty cool town with down to earth people, and some absolute weirdos. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Today, I took the long way getting to Portland. I was too tired to do anything today, so I'll get out and see the city tomorrow.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks incredible!! hope you and gracie are having a wikked time
: o)