Friday, April 18, 2008

Albuquerque

I've made it to Albuquerque! This is good because I did think about turning around a few times yesterday, and once this morning.

The rain and cold and camping killed my spirits yesterday. Here is some snow if you don't believe how cold it was.




But I made it through the night and woke up to a beautiful, but still cold, morning. It was awesome waking up out in nature and seeing the sunrise. I have decided that no matter where I live, the backyard must have a view that includes either the sunrise or sunset.

These good feelings lasted through the packing of the tent...



And then it came time to leave....or not. The Expedition did not make it through the night. The battery was completely dead. Mark this as lesson number three, don't charge your laptop in the car. Now, the inverter that I bought says it is specifically made for laptops to be charged in the car, but I suppose my Mac is special.

Who would have known my brand spanking new AAA membership would come in handy so quickly. They were able to jump me and test the battery to make sure all was good, and I was off.

Lady Grace is doing great. She is terrific in the car and has adapted to being on the move a lot. Pictures of her are coming as soon as the uploader cooperates.

No comments: