Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Medford to Coos Bay

I spent the night in Medford on Sunday. I was pretty cranky after having some issues with my hotel so I was really looking forward to seeing something mind blowing today. And that I did. Check out my drive up to Crater Lake

And then, I saw Crater Lake. I don't know how to describe the blue of the lake, it was powerful.

Only one area of the entire lake was open since there's still about 12ft of snow on the ground, so it was tough to spend much time there. With my day opened up, I decided to head back to the coast, only this time Oregon style. I did manage to see some cool stuff on the way, including a random falls with a mile hike to the top. Gracie made me stop there too.

With all the snow melting, there are hundreds of these waterfalls along the highways


Here are some pictures as I started getting closer to the coast. There are easily 1000 different shades of green in this state. Some of it didn't even look real to me.


That's the sun setting long before I got to Coos Bay. From what I read and hear, it's pretty amazing. I guess I'll have to find out tomorrow. Although, if it's raining like it was tonight when I got here, I don't know if I'll be able to see much.

I believe we're completely caught up now. I've got some video to update, but tonight's not the night. Check back again. Throwing the deuces

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason,
I am enjoying all the good stuff on your blog! I am so happy you are having a great time and seeing all the beauty on your "trail"- we sure miss you here! Love the pics of Gracie- what a traveler! Looking forward to talking to you soon! :O)