Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Flagstaff to Las Vegas

After the ridiculously cool drive through Colorado I took off for Arizona. I did drive through the Four Corners, where Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico all meet at one point. From what they tell me, the only spot in America that such place exists.

You can see how many other people thought it would be fun to come see this. The lines were horrible. You'll remember that I mentioned Gracie leaving her mark here? It was on the New Mexico side and Gracie, I agree.

The two motels between that monument and Flagstaff were both sold out, so I made it to Flagstaff for some much needed rest. This morning I woke up and went to the Grand Canyon, which blew my mind.

And her's too

After spending the morning looking a mile down at a river, I took off for Las Vegas in hopes of being there in time to watch the Mavs' game (which turned out to be a big mistake, do they really suck?). By the way, I love that NM and AZ have a 75mph speed limit. That 5mph makes me feel like I'm flying down the road. Take that Texas!

On the way, I got to see the Hoover Dam. Neat.


And that brings me to Vegas. I'm going to go walk the strip now, but I'm leaving my wallet behind. Ok, I'm taking $50. If I lose, it just means I sleep in the car for a few nights, and I've already done that more than once.

I almost forgot to tell you the best part of the drive to the Grand Canyon....


4 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Gracie's mind DOES look blown.

ThePoeFam said...

Hey there...I am a friend of your sister's and checked out your blog this morning...cool pics and I love your dog! ... I think that you need this shirt... check it out... http://www.donflong.com/store/viewitem.asp?prodid=185&cat=1
Good luck and have fun,
Brittney

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures. Gracie looks so excited!! Thanks for sharing your trip! Mom

Unknown said...

Post an updated map dang it